urDIRT.com

News

Pot Shot: “He’s kind of boring” Rampage on Lyoto Machida

February 24, 2009 by Narcisist in News, UFC, UFC with 14 Comments

NBCSports.com

NBCSports.com

Apparently fans are not the only ones who do not agree with Lyoto Machida’s evasive style of fighting, neither does former Light Heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. Jackson said in a recent interview that he feels Machida is too “boring” when he fights.

MMA Fan House quoted Rampage on his feelings towards the undefeated Brazilian’s style.

“Lyoto is a weird fighter,” Jackson said. “He’s kind of boring. I think that style works for him, the way he makes people run after him. I mean, he’s good, he’s undefeated, but he’s boring. If I was the promoter of a show I wouldn’t have guys like that fighting on my show.”

Fan QuestionDo you think Lyoto Machida’s style is boring?

14 Comments

1. Dana WhiteFeb 24, 2009 at 7:48 pmReply

Yes I would rather watch Slugs have sex

2. Dee king1Feb 24, 2009 at 7:51 pmReply

He is boring whats the newS?

• MarcusFeb 24, 2009 at 8:19 pmReply

@Dee king1, that fighters now think he is boring too I have stuck up for Machida in the past but it does get annoying watching someone jog backwards for 3 rounds in a fight

3. ColeFeb 24, 2009 at 9:45 pmReply

HA! Lyoto would knock the snot out of Rampage.

Rampage vs Machida….. Machida wins 10 out of 10 times.

• HellboiFeb 24, 2009 at 10:23 pmReply

@Cole, no way he would get dominated with Pages wrestling

• ColeFeb 25, 2009 at 12:14 amReply

@Hellboi, If Tito couldnt touch Machida with his wrestling, I dont think Rampage would do much better. (Hence) “Much Better”… I believe Rampage is 10x the fighter that Tito is. But I still think Machida takes this one but no less than UD.

• BigTayoFeb 25, 2009 at 11:41 amReply

@Cole, You are fool Machida has yet to fight the elite Rashad, Rampage, Hendo, hell I would even say Banha would put it on him right now. Machida might pull a decision out of his ass by running away and throwing the fewest strikes the octagon has seen lately, but he’s not winning me over as a fan.

4. Bar KochbaFeb 25, 2009 at 12:04 amReply

Rampage hasn’t been playing with a full deck for quite some time now, so whatever comes out of his mouth can’t be taken seriously. Lyoto would make Jackson look like an idiot in there. Isn’t the object of “winning” a fight to land more strikes on your opponent while avoiding getting hit yourself? Hmm…

• terrafirma2hipFeb 25, 2009 at 4:22 pmReply

@Bar Kochba, What you said about the object of “winning” couldn’t be more true.

5. SerialFeb 25, 2009 at 2:10 amReply

Machida is boring and I really hope someone beats him I don’t want to see him fight for the title

• NObamaMay 26, 2009 at 12:09 pmReply

@Serial, Woops!!! Machida’s the champ!! Sucks to be you buddy!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!

• John RobertsMay 26, 2009 at 1:44 pmReply

@Serial, It’s not a fighters job to entertain us. Their job is to win fights! You don’t want to seem Machida fight for the title? Well, your worst nightmare has just happened. He now owns the title of Light-Heavyweight Champion.
      So if you don’t want to seem him fight, turn off your TV!

6. DanFeb 25, 2009 at 5:45 amReply

Rampage talking about weird? Machida wins against Rampage no doubt about that, but I think Rampage is doing this to secure his title shot convincing people that he deserves it more than Machida cz Machida is boring. He has to earn it!!!Machida is too smart for Rampage.

7. keets kizzleFeb 25, 2009 at 7:47 amReply

i’ve been saying all along that machida is boring but in that last fight with thiago silva he made me eat my words…and lose 5 bucks. i don’t think he would knock rampage out but i do think he would get a decision win, he’s too technical and elusive for rampage. like cole said if tito’s wrestling got stuffed(and no one can deny tito is a better wrestler than rampage) rampage wouldn’t be able to use his wrestling, and even if he took machida to the ground machida is a BJJ black belt and we all know rampage’s ground game sucks so i believe he would get submitted. i say fuck the rampage jardine fight, no one wants to see it, put rampage and machida against each other and let the winner have rashad.